Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"make one more wrong turn"

This past weekend I went to DC with some of my best friends.
We went on this little road trip because
we wanted to go to the AP tour.
We planned on going to the show in Philly, but it was sold
out when we went to get tickets and so was Allentown.
So we got tickets for DC.
We left early, so we would have time to walk around
and be able to see some of the monuments and stuff too.
My favorite memorial is the World War II one.
Each state and territory his it's own pillar with a wreath on it
and there is a giant fountain in the middle.
There are two arch ways, one for the Atlantic ocean
and one for the Pacific and there is an area with all these gold stars.
We took a lot of pictures and by the end of the day
we were so exhausted and hot.
The show was great.
It was so incredibly hot in the 9:30 club that my under 21
stamp sweated off before the first band was even done
with their set. Grosssss.
People were passing around free water bottles and
Carley got totally grossed out when me and Nadia
drank out of them. Haha.
It was so much fun though.
All the bands were great.
Never Shout Never and Every Avenue's sets were the highlights
of the night for me, but when The Cab played
'Vegas Skies' I was in awe.
It was sooo good. :)
There was a balcony where the performers could stand
when they weren't on stage and one guy
kept holding up his pug puppy in between sets.
It reminded me of in the Lion King when Simba
is held up in front of the whole animal kingdom.
Anyways it was great, it was an
enjoyable way to spend one of the last weekends
of our freshmen year.
I have six finals within the next three days and
then I am packing up and moving outta here!!
Can't wait for summer to begin!
always love,
h
ps- here are some pictures of our trip!
Carley and Nadia with Taft.
World War II Memorial
Lincoln and his giant lap. I wish they'd let you climb up on it!
At the Climate Rally that was going on in the National Mall.
The president of Costa Rica was speaking!
'Embrace the movement, not the globe.'
Yeah, we made 'look I'm obsessed with this band' shirts.
Don't judge. :)
The three of us sweating in the crowd at the 9:30 club.
Never Shout Never. He was wearing a furry hat.
"It’s a long drive back to Vegas skies, so why don't I make one
more wrong turn tonight."
-the cab, vegas skies

No comments:

Post a Comment