Friday, April 2, 2010

"I know with all my heart"


Today is Good Friday.
I don't really understand why they call it Good Friday.
Although I do think it is good for us to remember and reflect
on Jesus' death more deeply that we normally do
when we take communion or just think about it.
It's something that is hard to think about though.
It's not easy to think about how badly and desperately
we needed Jesus to die.

How desperate and broken we were and are that someone
had to needed to make the ultimate sacrifice.
It's important to remember though.
It's important not to forget.
Because it's everything.
It's everything I am.

"Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin has left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow"

"Were you there when they crucified my Lord?
Were you there when they crucified my Lord?
Oh, sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble
Were you there when they crucified my Lord?"

God demonstrates his own love for us in this:
While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
always love,
h


"Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom"
-how deep the father's love for us

No comments:

Post a Comment