Sunday, April 18, 2010

"scream and light up the sky"

I am a list person.
I like planning things and making goals and writing stuff out.
My dorm room has post its and scrap papers scattered all over.
I almost always have a word document opened with a list in it.

I just love the feeling when you cross something off or delete it.
The feeling of accomplishment.

That "yes, you actually do get things done" feeling.
Or just being able to look at all the exciting things
you're about to do.
So I'm going to make a list here.
A list of summer things.
Not to sound lame or anything,
but I LOVE summer and I really like making lists,
so I'm excited about this. :)
Alright, so here it is...the things I'm doing
(or wish I was doing) this summer.

1.
Going to some Music Festivals

I'm definitely going to Warped tour and Purple Door.
Me and Therese wanted to go to Bonnaroo and Cornerstone, too, but
unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen this summer.
Creation is a possibility though.2.
Go on a road trip to Ocean City, MD

My roommate and one of my other best friends from Eastern
live near Ocean City, so I want to take a trip down there to visit.
Plus, there is so much to do there.
We can go to the beach and parasail and go dancing. :)3.
Go on a family vacation to Mexico

Less than a week after I get home from school
my mom, Therese, and I are hopping on a plane
to fly to sunny Cozumel, Mexico.
We are going to swim with dolphins and go snorkeling.
4.
Work at Camp

For the month of July and the first week of August
I will be working at Camp Cherith.
I'm excited to have cook outs and sing silly songs
and be exhausted and be with friends.
I get to be Rae Love for a month. 5.
Go camping

When I was younger my family and I used to
go camping allllll the time.
We had a camper and we went camping all over the place.
We even stayed in this place in Canada once.
This summer I'm going to one or two
camping trips to Stonybrook.
One with the fam and maybe one with friends.
Stonybrook Park is beautiful.6.
Learn to jet ski

Last summer, my dad traded in his motorcycle for two jet skis.
Unfortunately, you have to take a safety class
before you can drive a jet ski by yourself.
So I am going to do it this June!
It's an 8 hour class, but I want to learn how.7.
Take a cake decorating class
Okay, so I probably won't have time to cross
this off my list this summer,
but eventually I hope to get to it.
I like baking and think it would be so much fun
to learn how to decorate cakes.
8.
Get a puppy

Ever since my last dog passed away
me and Therese have been trying to convince
my mom to get a puppy. And then we realized we could just get one
ourselves! We really want a bull dog,
but were considering a pug as well because bull dogs cost so much.
It's because they have big heads,
so when they're born they have to have c-sections.
How can you not love this face?
9.
Read a lot

I don't have a lot of time
during the year to read, so I plan
on working on my extremely long reading list this summer.
Books are lovely. :) 10.
Chill with the fam

I miss them a lot while I'm away.
summer is just weeks away.
look forward to it. :)
always love,
h

p.s.-i wish someone would invent giant post-its.
the regular sized ones are just too little.
they put limitations on my lists and I'm not okay with that.

I want to play with this giant lite brite please. :)



"we stand still on fourth of july
numb to explosions that scream and light up the sky."
-the honorary title, the city's summer

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! That lite bright looks so fun! Where did you find that picture?

    And you definitely forgot to mention the manatees that we'll be swimming with in Mexico! That's the most exciting part. Dolphins are so average :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just google images searched for a pic of a lite brite. I don't remember why haha, but it's pretty awesome. And yeah I forgot about the manatees, but they will be so cool.

    ReplyDelete