Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"my home is where you are"


It's weird to be home.
At the same time, I won't really be home for that long.
I'm going on vacations and camping trips and going to camp.
It's a strange feeling to not be living in one place
for more than a few months at a time.
To live in multiple places at once.
It kind of feels like I'm never fully settled.
But I do feel at home.
I can't believe my first year of college is over.
I'm sure everyone says that.
But I'll never get this year back now that it's over.
I'll never be in that same place in my life again.
Never live in that room, with the same group of friends,
with the same girls on my floor, the same first year experiences.
I think I made the most of it though.
I stayed up late, met a lot of people, did spontaneous things,
explored the city, learned a lot, procrastinated too much,
got my nose pierced, went to a club, was in a flash mob,
changed my major a million times, heard lectures,
spent way too much money, had a couple jobs, went to a prison's chapel,
tried new things, got A+'s and got D's, even skipped a few classes.
I liked having the chance to grow and be more independent.
And I'm excited for next year.
If you asked me a few months ago,
I would've told you I was transferring.
A lot can happen in a few months and
God has amazing plans for our lives if only
we just listen to Him and trust.
Enough reflecting on the past....
this summer is going to be crazy and awesome
and probably go by way too fast like the rest of life.
I leave for vacation soon, so my next post or the one
after that will probably be written in a different country!!
always love,
h

"
If home is where the heart is, then my home is where you are."
-relient k, i'm taking you with me

No comments:

Post a Comment